First adopted 2008
Language assessment is an increasingly important aspect of language education. The growing use of frameworks and the need to benchmark the performance of students as well as education systems is an important current trend. There is an ongoing requirement to use and develop sophisticated measurement tools and employ them with new and existing testing tools. All of this is done in a context where the impact that assessment has is a matter of interest and concern.
Proposals that address this research priority may examine any of the following aspects of the role of language assessment in a social or educational context:
- They may focus on measurement issues related to new techniques or the innovative use of existing techniques.
- They may investigate the development of testing materials.
- They may involve the validation of testing tools.
- They may focus on the investigation of test impact.
- They may investigate the use of technology in the administration of language assessments.
- They may consider the reliability and validity of regional or local language assessment procedures.