The Foundation’s 2018 DDG competition nomination window closed just last week. With the help of our partners and colleagues around the world, we are pleased to report that we had another successful year, in terms of the number of proposals we received. Here is a quick glance at some of the key data we have collected based on this year’s competition.
- Total Number of Proposals Received: 100
- Number of Countries DDG Applicants Come From: 34
- Number of Proposals Eligible for Award to Promote Research in Under-Resourced Countries: 81
- Breakdown by Research Priority (This figure exceeds 100 as some proposals concern more than one TIRF Research Priority.):
- Content-based Instruction: 9
- Digital Technology in Language Education: 15
- English as a Medium of Instruction: 10
- Language Assessment: 19
- Language Planning and Policy: 15
- Language Teacher Education: 19
- Plurilingualism in Business, Industry, the Professions, and Educational Contexts: 9
- Students’ Age and Effective English Language Education: 3
- Teaching English to Young Learners: 7
The applicants of this year’s DDG competition be notified in late August concerning the results of the program. We expect to announce the awardees via TIRF Today, our website, and on our Facebook page in August or September. Best wishes to all of the applicants!