Editor’s note: The information shared below is from colleagues at BAAL TEASIG (British Association for Applied Linguistics Testing, Evaluation, and Assessment Special Interest Group).
BAAL TEASIG is holding a one-day, in-person conference on June 24, 2022 at the British Council, London. The theme of the event is “Horizon scanning: Where next for language testing?”
The landscape of language assessment research and practice has dramatically evolved in the past two years. In this first in-person annual conference after the pandemic, conference organizers would like to celebrate the resilience and creativity of our field, by discussing where we are and where we are going in various sub-fields of language testing.
Both completed and work-in-progress papers and posters that help us understand recent developments in different aspects of language assessment research, practice, and/or new directions are welcomed. Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- assessment literacy in a digital age
- language assessment and EDI: test-taker accommodation
- language assessment in EMI contexts
- innovative assessment and research tools
- innovative test delivery modes
- post-pandemic language assessment practice
- remote assessment / remote proctoring
- the assessment and test-taker ownership
- the rise of alternative tests
- the future of assessment constructs
- the future of assessment validity
- the future of ESP / LSP testing
- the use of AI in language assessment
- translanguaging and language assessment
Prospective participants are invited to submit an abstract of no more than 250 wordsby email as a Word attachment to email@example.com by May 10, 2022. Please indicate (a) your full name, (b) any affiliation, and (c) whether your abstract is for a paper or a poster presentation.
For more information, please visit https://www.baalteasig.co.uk/.