FORTELL (Forum for Teachers of English Language and Literature), an autonomous registered body of English teaching professionals, was founded in 1989. The specific goals of FORTELL are to:
- Revitalize the teaching of English Language and Literature;
- Enhance professional skills of teachers; and
- Provide a forum for collaboration and interaction among the professionals in the field.
Some of FORTELL’s activities include:
- Organizing seminars and workshops in the areas of teaching methodology, materials development, curriculum design and evaluation;
- Collaborating with other organizations to develop language curriculum;
- Conducting pre-service and in-service programmes; and
- Providing consultancy to individuals engaged in ELT programmes.