Back To Resources Resource Type: Tag:
TESL Canada’s Mission is to promote excellence in the teaching and learning of English as a second or additional language in partnership with its constituent provincial and territorial associations, and like-minded national and international organizations.
TESL Canada’s Values:
- Excellence in language, settlement, and refugee programs;
- National standards for professional certification and teacher training program recognition;
- Working together with provincial and territorial associations on common goals;
- Promoting ongoing professional development;
- Research and scholarship in the field of teaching and learning ESL;
- Linguistic rights for individuals and communities;
- Equality of employment opportunity for qualified non-native English-speaking and native English-speaking teachers; and
- Assisting with English language development while still protecting Ancestral languages for speakers of Indigenous first languages.